Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Scanning and Dogs in School...


I was able to finish 'Stage 1' of the scanning of my old art. Most of this was illustration projects from college and various sketches from my days S.O.T.A. FX. It felt good to finally get these things in digital form and my new scanner does a beautiful job capturing the detail for clean up in Photoshop.

I am in the final stretch on the 'Dogs in School' painting. Patrick, the show's curator, has given the deadline of Dec. 31, 2008. I believe I will be done by the end of this weekend leaving me a few days of cushion from the due date.

One thing that will delay the delivery is a custom piece I am having made for the frame. On Monday, I met with the shop who will be fabricating the piece. They can construct it in a day...after the holidays. A slight delay but a necessary evil in order to finish the painting as envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Continued Movie Portraits

    In the mid-2000s I started painting again after a hiatus that began around 1998. One of the first projects I created was a series of lar...