Sunday, January 4, 2009

Multi-tasking


After an enjoyable few day break for new years celebrations, I am back to my work. The Dogs in School piece is now done...other than the custom frame piece. I re cut, painted and attached the wood frame this weekend. Final paint details were done this evening.

Over the years I have jotted down ideas for paintings in my sketchbooks. After reviewing various lists, I compiled a new list of pieces to work on this year. A trip to Flax to use up the last of the balance on a gift card got me 3 new canvases to go towards these pieces. I also picked up some brushes and some damar varnish.


I realized while working on the last stages of the Dogs in School piece that there comes a point while waiting for layers to dry that I could and should be working on secondary pieces. So in between detailing on DIS I prepped the new canvases and finished up the drawing on the two next paintings.


I am going to try to complete at least two paintings a month this year. As of tomorrow I am back at the day gig which consumes the bulk of my weekday time so we will see how this goes. I am up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Continued Movie Portraits

    In the mid-2000s I started painting again after a hiatus that began around 1998. One of the first projects I created was a series of lar...