Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekend Work...


I had no luck shopping for items for the first assignment for class: Thrift items from Scrap? A fossilized shark tooth from Paxton Gate? Mexican wrestling masks from Mission Thrift? An aluminum top from the toy store? None of these immediately grabbed me. An idea better come to me soon as I only have tomorrow to gather the items to paint before Tuesday's class.

The two canvases are almost prepped. The gesso canvas has a final coat but needs to dry and sand.The oil grounds canvas needs a second coat and sand.


Outside of class I have been working on two small paintings of my parents cats. These are small and hopefully quickly done as a no pressure project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Continued Movie Portraits

    In the mid-2000s I started painting again after a hiatus that began around 1998. One of the first projects I created was a series of lar...