Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Woman in the Window

9"x9" - watercolor on paper, 1992.

This was the second book cover I did while in college. 'Woman in the Window' edited by Pamela Pratt.

There was a bit of an argument between me and the publisher on this work. Take a look at my signature. Only my last name remains legible. The book is a collection of lesbian themed erotica. Apparently the publisher thought the intended audience of the book would be offended somehow if they saw a man painted the cover image.

So I am just credited as D. King. I fought the guy and insisted my name be credited. He scratched out the David C. after I turned in the art.

Seems silly now but then again it was 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Continued Movie Portraits

    In the mid-2000s I started painting again after a hiatus that began around 1998. One of the first projects I created was a series of lar...