Monday, September 9, 2013

Pen Pal Painting Exchange 2013


'Pen Pal Painting Exchange - Portrait' 4" x 4" - oil paint on canvas, 2013. Finished up this small piece as part of the Pen Pal Painting Exchange project for the Art House Co-op

For this project, the participating artists were sent a 4" x 4" canvas to create a piece to swap and connect with one of the other participating artists.

I decided to create a dark portrait for this piece since I have been working mainly on human portraits with my recent work. This was also inspired by the amazing work of Javier Marin. His beautiful sculptures have an amazing human yet otherworldly feel.

My piece will be a part of a one day show in Brooklyn later this month on Saturday, September 28. After this it will be sent along to another artist in the show as part of the exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Continued Movie Portraits

    In the mid-2000s I started painting again after a hiatus that began around 1998. One of the first projects I created was a series of lar...